Who We Are
Baystream Corporation (“Baystream”) is a software company, specialized in process and compliance improvement. We integrate our own products with market-leading enterprise tools to create some of the most powerful, and yet elegant, solutions available today.
- We have added and are adding specific consent, awareness statements, wherever we collect data, such as in License Statements and have updated our End User License Agreements (EULA), to reflect this change.
When registering for a service, Users may be asked for their personal contact information – which may include name, address, email and phone information. This information is saved.
When Users wish to personally interact with Baystream members, Users also naturally provide their contact information and this information is saved.
In the process of effecting electronic payments, Users may be asked for their name, email address, mailing address, phone number and in some cases also credit card or banking information. Such information is not stored by Baystream, but rather by approved Payment Gateways and Systems (such as PayPal or STRIPE). Users can refuse to supply such information, seeking alternative ways of effecting payment.
Baystream provides business development and business optimization products and services. To be able to provide such services, Baystream collects and analyzes information about businesses, business operations and processes, such information being specifically provided by Users (electronically or in paper or verbally).
In many cases, such collection of data and information is made pursuant to a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) between the parties. In cases when such NDA is not in place, Baystream will advise the business or person in question, of the fact that such data is being collected.
In order to be able to provide services, Baystream also routinely saves information about software systems, license, license codes, hardware and software configurations, contracts, expiry dates and so forth, pertaining to people or entities that have contracted or otherwise asked Baystream for services.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on a User’s computer when that User visits some websites.
Baystream may use a combination of Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies to track how you use and experience our website, build anonymous statistical data about how our website is performing, and to power the personalisation of website content to you.
Baystream Corporation may collect User personal information for the following purposes:
- To perform and improve customer service: such information can help us respond to customer service requests.
- To personalize user experience: we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use the feedback provided by Users to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use such information in the processing of orders.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send updates and information pertaining to orders and customer requests. It may also be used to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If Users opt-in to a mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a User would like to unsubscribe from receiving emails, the User can opt out; we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each marketing email.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information as well as the username, password, transaction information stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Baystream does not sell, trade, or rent personal identification information. We provide User contact information to business partners engaged in interacting with Users for the purpose of providing service, but never in bulk and only with specific consent.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may change from time to time. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to those website’s own terms and policies.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
You have the right to view, and subsequently ask to amend or delete any personal information that we hold about you.
To request a record of the information that we hold about you, please email our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. We will provide the information free of charge and within one month, except in the event that the request is unfounded, excessive or repetitive, in which case we reserve the right to charge a proportionate administration fee or refuse.
Data Protection Officer:
1200 McGill College, Suite 1100,
Montreal, QC H3B 4G7
This document was last materially updated on May 20 2018